Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where I Am Now

This is my new life. I am a server (waitress) at a restaurant. I am 53 years old, and now I am a waitress. Sounds awful - but ...I actually love it. I love the work, I love the people I work with. I love working at a restaurant at the water's edge on the coast of Maine.
Let me back up a bit. I had a career as a real estate broker for 16 years. In the past three years, as real estate self-destructed, and our country did a lot of financial self-destructing...my real estate career and income did the same.
So I tried some different avenues. I worked in home health care for a few years to keep an income coming in, while looking for a new career. I got out of real estate completely, and after a home health care job ended - I was unemployed for nearly 8 months. Then I began working as a waittress.
In contrast to being a real estate broker - I get paid each day for the work I do. I go home everyday with cash in my pockets, and nobody calls me at home in the evening to complain about their real estate problems.

Throughout these trying times I luckily rediscovered my creative self.

So this is where I am now. I work at the restaurant so that I can come home and work in my studio and create art and try to create a career through art. I just opened my ETSY shop, and have begun to put a few of my works up for sale.

We'll see where this path takes me. It feels right. It feels like the most genuine thing I can be doing. It feels like I am following my heart and my passion, and that can't be wrong.

This is Where I AM Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment