Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring is just 2 days away...

And it's snowing...again. I could really use some warm weather. I would sooo love to get outside and walk/jog for an hour or so. Can't even find the sidewalks right now.

We do get out most days to walk the dogs on trails in the woods, with our boots on, hats, mittens, and 'creepers' on our feet. (For those of you not in cold climates 'creepers' are stretchy elastic thingys that wrap around the bottom of your shoe, and they have little metal pieces sticking out that grip the ice so that you don't slip. A necessity for dog walking in winter! They are like snow tires for your feet!)
What's that you say?  You don't know what snow tires are either? Ok I'm not talking to you anymore.

 Anyway - that is a 'winter walk'. I want a spring walk. I want a clear sidewalk, and some buds on the trees. I want to just wear a light jacket and then need to take it off and wrap it around my waist because it got too warm. I want to see other people outside! I want to be able to not wear a hat and not have my ears ache from the cold wind.

I know spring is almost here. But in Maine - 'almost here' could mean April or May, and it could mean cold weather until June! Sometimes we go right from winter to summer. Which makes the summer season feel really short.

And sometimes spring is warm-ish, but very wet and rainy. When that happens, we don't call it spring...we call it mud season, soon to be followed by an early 'bug' season. Really fun. (ugh)
But when we do actually get a spring - it is sooo welcomed and enjoyed!

Here's hoping for an early (like say..starting next week?) and dry (just a few light showers please) spring.
Here's a piece I did  hoping for springtime,


OK - time to head to work...in the snow. We're supposed to get about a foot today. Good grief!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment